Chris Miller Next Level Softball Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was created in the memory of Chris Miller. Chris was the father of Carly Miller (Class of 2007), Christin Miller (Class of 2010) and Casey Miller (Class of 2014). Chris was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in the Spring of 2011. His fight was short lived and he arrived “safe at home” on June 13, 2011. Chris always stressed the importance of academics to his players, stating the first path towards a college scholarship should be through academics followed by softball/athletics. He was devoted to giving back to the community through his service of coaching. Chris felt that to those whom much has been given, much is expected. For this reason, there has been an emphasis on “giving back” to the sport of softball in this scholarship.
· Scholarship is only for Softball Student/Athletes Graduating in 2012 who will be continuing their softball career by playing at the NEXT LEVEL in college or any Mason Softball Student/Athlete Graduate who is currently playing at the collegiate level.
· High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
· College GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Giving back to Softball through volunteering as a coach or instructor(minimum of 20 hrs)
· 1 Letter of Recommendation from Wm. Mason High School Teacher
· 1 Letter of Recommendation from a Softball Coach or Mentor.